Saturday, August 27, 2022

Late Out The Door, Two Drivers on Different Buses DIdn't Show----

 misinformation on Transit Centers being opened on the weekends, but I had one driver that is absolutely the most safe driver I have ever ridden with. My driver that gave me misinformation was new, so I can excuse her this time. She sent me to Carpenter Park and the comfort station there on her return trip to the East Transit Station. It was there that I meet three great people taking care of the facility and the security guard. I ask them if I could shoot all three of them and got the thumbs up. When 

Seen from Carpenter Park
Decorations at Urban Taco at Mockingbird Station's Retail Level. My favorite place to eat when I'm out and about for the whole day.
The crew at the comfort station at Carpenter Park. Two thumbs up and a "Sweet" when he said that he would put it on his Facebook page. He has my permission to do that. 


Only that could be topped by my first encounter with a passenger on the DART rail that was standing in the well as the train was taking on passengers. I had come on for the opposite end of the car and moved forward looking for a seat. The guy in the well was talking in a confused way and when I looked up from my seat, he was holding a metal bar with a point on it. He said to me, "did you hear me?" and I replied"No, I didn't, sir." Then I said, "do you want this seat?" He replied, "No, it's okay" and had a rather frightening expression on his face. I got up and moved to the end of that car, passed into the second car and went to the far end. I never saw or hear from the guy again. 

Outside of that---I made it to Mockingbird Station via two buses and two more train rides. I got off at Mockingbird and went down to the retail level to my favorite place to eat---Urban Taco. The crew there are always nice, helpful and the food is amazing!!. I didn't have desert today but I sure would have liked to have had the time to take on that piece of  their wonderful cake again. 

The decorations were really nice. I always ask if I can shoot the decorations in side and then  came the reply, "Certainly" . Today, I had three servers taking care of my table and I got a lot of looks from people wondering what was going on.... I could have replied, "just shooting my usual", pardon the pun! We all got a laugh and my head waiter said to me, "It's good to see you again Mr. [Paparazzo].

No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...