Thursday, May 9, 2024

The Mixing Pot of North Texas is Getting Active with 19 severe weather watches going on at present.

 Yesterday was so hot and muggy again, even the weather man kept the chain saw out to cut the humidity. Currently, the humidity has dropped to 69 % and the augmenter, Mr. Dew Point is also at 69°F. The temp is holding at 80°F with a heat index at 83°F. Compared to the past two days, it ain't that bad out there if you only want to get a few breaths of fresh air before the sweat starts to run. Most of the storm threats will be out of here by 7PM tonight. Rain is going to add to the conservation levels of the area lakes (that's always a good thing). The plus side is that the cold front is generating most of the hail threats this afternoon and the daily highs for the next few days will drop into the upper 70s. Tuesday will be the next day the sun is out with clear skies, if only for a day or two before another system races through. Having said all that, I can move on from the weather report.

On the sports side of things, both the Mavs and the Stars are in the second round playoffs. Today, Dallas got a pro women's soccer team that will call the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park it's new home as the Cotton Bowl is in the middle of a $140M renovation again. The old gal is a landmark. In my younger days I watched the Cotton Bowl Parades on TV and the football  games. It's always been a bit sentimental to me. AH, the days of our past youth.

My pictures have been hot and to those that use them, I Thank You very much. It is because of you that I do what I do. Always looking for something new and different from my days when I had the priviledge to know Whit Northmore Schults, the founder of Northmore's, a massive mail order house in Chicago. Not only did I consider him a friend but he, as a motivational speaker, also motivated me to begin Seaway Specilaties that got me started with not only a unique group of businesses that served the Wedding Industry, but taught me how to plan and follow the graphic arts calendar, which  I do even today. I shoot on that calendar specifically for the graphic arts (i.e., ga's are already ending their summer needs and moving toward fall already). 

So, while I have been  cabin bound without the fever, the normal routine of getting things done that pop up at the same time every year is upon me again. Actually, I might even be caught  up more than I had first though. A couple of doctor's appointments are scheduled but that should  be the end of those till December. With hope, I can be out shooting some interesting things again. 


   




GO MAVS

GO STARS


No comments:

Thursday, May 23, 2024 is National Turtle Day.

 Support a good cause. Support the rehab centers that take care of these magnificent creatures or even adopt one from one of the centers.