Tuesday, June 11, 2024

It All Started in the wee hours of May 28th when 80 MPH winds was tossing everything against the side of my house.

 Those winds were substained for well over 40 minutes. The results were trees everywhere down or large branches broken off. One of my bus routes to a train station passes a large cemetery. I noted piles of sawdust near 4-5 feet high where the crews were already removing the damage from the graves. That scene would be seen throughout the Metroplex, especially east of the I-35E corridor and southeast Dallas County.

Then, the dreaded thing happened: no power. Estimated repair time about 4 days. With no AC or lights, there was only one thing and that was to find a room in an extended  stay for the duration. With procedures booked at my hospital, It was just a short ride to the outpatient check in. Procedures cancelled by the anesthesiologist for a development  that he was not comfortable with, he did not want me to die on the table on his watch. It took me three weeks to get those appointments. Long story shorter----I ended up in the ER and being admitted for 4 days with all kinds of new appointments scheduled to August and still have not been rescheduled for the initial appointment and procedures. It is this type of thing that causes me to think that the entire medical system needs to be revamped quickly. Luckily, I am a very patient man. 

In a concluding thought here, I must say, I don't see much shutter


clicking for the rest of the summer. I am very weak and my photography mobility would not withstand were I am on that scale today.


No comments:

It All Started in the wee hours of May 28th when 80 MPH winds was tossing everything against the side of my house.

 Those winds were substained for well over 40 minutes. The results were trees everywhere down or large branches broken off. One of my bus ro...