Friday, May 3, 2024

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The short answer could be the route to take here. 

The old Scots term of hurkle-durkling was used to indicate a meaning of lounging in bed well past the time you were supposed to get up. That has never been my style. I get up with my internal clock every morning at about the same time, give or take a couple of minutes on either side. That goes back to my teen years when I had a entire small town route for a large newspaper publisher owned and operated by Gannett Co., Inc.  delivering to the entire town of 1498 people, where most were customers. It was a chore and my dad would help with the Sunday Papers driving me in the car loaded with heavy newspapers filled with ads. Every one got screen door service. But for a teen, the money was fantastic.


So, getting up early and getting the day started just became a habit that continues even until today. And, with that history, the WCS fits right in there just about [here]. That stands for weekend catch up sleep. Quiet simply, there was none. However, there was a slight adjustment made with this one. It meant going to bed earlier than normal bedtime. This past Wednesday, I went to bed at 7PM and did not wake up until 7 AM the following morning. In my book, that took care of about four weeks of WCS. That has never become a habit, either. I like to say, "Only when needed". That need usually is about the time that we switch Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time on either side shortly after the change. 

                                                        An early morning painter




No comments:

Just a Kid when the Northern Lights were seen by me. This week, I missed the first night and last night it was cloudy.

Thank goodness I can say that I have at least seen the most fab light show in nature.  Today will be 100 % rain. It's another indoor day...