Thursday, August 25, 2022

Shot More Imags Today Than Total for Last Six Weeks.

 Rode the 22 from downtown Garland to Addison Transit where I checked on the progress of the Silver Line's Addison Station, next door to the Transit Center. Progress has been made. Then, I walked to Addison Circle, checking out the architecture with great clouds as backdrops. Then, I had to go see my favorite guy at the Addison Market. Some think it is an insult to label the small market (7-Eleven style)  a bodega, but just because it's root came from Spanish, Latin and Greek is not really insulting at all. But, here's the thing. my cat, Hotdog, was the prime example of a Bodega Cat. Dawgie, was my joy for 13 years and we had a bond that was unlike any other cat that I had ever had. She was  an  Abyssinian breed This is my Dawgie, Hotdog the e-cat because she sent and received e-mails from my friend, Mo in the UK. But, her look-a-likes can be found in Bodegas across America and gets the tag: Bodega Cat. with long legs, pointed face and ears, short hair gray with black and white streak markings on the face. The Addison Market reminds me of Dawgie and I like the guy who is always there like a New York or Chicago bodega guy.

 

 

Today, he challenged me about taking his picture. As I left, a vendor was stocking the counter near the door and I hear him say, "smile" and my guy looked up! I was standing in the door way with the camera ready!. So funny.  But here's the thing. I blurred the facial image in his interest so his competitors didn't razz him so much. As Arnold always says, "I'll be back!!" 

                                   Addison Station for Silver Line construction work
Looking east from Quorum north of Belt Line toward the Knoll Trail Station
 


No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...