Saturday, August 13, 2022

Found The Traveling Parking Lot Carnival of the old Valley View Past.



 It really is amazing what you can see from the trains with their wide view windows and with not worry about driving in traffic and looking for unique things. But, when the old Valley View Mall was torn down and moved into the prime residential development mode with park settings, Dallas' trail system with enter-points at the complex. Immediately, the question arose as to were would the traveling parking lot carnival go from there? 

Over the period of the pandemic, the carnival must have suffered badly. No where could I find it set up around the city. Then, I got off at City Line Station that was another development of businesses, restaurants, resident living and the like that was built in a massive acreage where big rolls of hay were harvested each year.To add a side bar to that last statement, that was the second large hay field where I shot the annual pumpkin and hay themes for the Halloween Fall media buyers that was wiped out by developments. Never-the-less, After the train



pulled away from the station I then realized that I had gotten off a stop to soon. But, knowing me, I make the best of a situation, in this case not lemon aide but walking around to the various bus stops to see where they could go. While doing so, I noticed another set of bus stops on the other side of the tacks about a block down from where I de-trained. Low and Behold! from there, I saw my old parking lot carnival all set up waiting for sundown to come to life. Mystery solved.

No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...