Sunday, December 23, 2018

This Year Will Only Get a 1.2

The day started out swell. It grew to be excellent by noon. By 1:30 the day had tanked worse than the stock market. I have had worse day overall, but this one hit at the core of my sanity. In fact, with all the positives, it is like nothing that I have ever experienced.

Mom would often tell me that one of her greatest fears was that she would be left at the bus  stop. In some odd way, I thought that I understood what she was saying. Once in a while I would ask her if she felt that she had been left at the bus stop. She's twist that smile into a comical smirk and nothing more would be said. On day I ask her where she got that bus stop notion. "Don't you remember the little old lady at DFW on the tram," she said. I did. That poor little old lady.  The door would open and shut  and she would go on the loop again. We were standing there at the tram talking and watched her come back around three or four more times.

Well, this week, I had tried not to think about it that much, but I felt like that little old lady stuck on the tram's loop. It's been one thing and then another for almost half the year. Just when I was able to crawl out of the misery pool, I would slide back in to it once again. I'm thinking that I have had that cycle of things just going wrong before and it would pass in time. In fact, this afternoon, I thought I had come out of the mire. I was on the way home at the time and had stopped at a spot where there is a short nature walk down through a utility easement. A new trail at the lake is using it to expand the trail system. It is part of the old T  & P railroad easement. T & P is the local version of the original name of the  Texas and Pacific Railroad line.Their trust is almost all set up to dispose of their property. The only thing is---they have made so much money, the trust just keeps growing and growing. That's a nice gig if you can get one like that.

When the gate was closed, access would have been more than I was willing to do at the time. As it turned out, its just as well. Something caused me to look at my lens. At first it looked like an eye brow or a hair had somehow gotten into the lens. I could have been so lucky had that been the case. It was much worse. The primary lens that I shoot with had developed a crack from one side to the other. The short lens that I have just does not work for what I do. I have two other lens in my Nikon bag--one a telephoto that would be better than the one that developed the crack, but they don't fit on the other make of camera body. And---the reason I can not use the Nikon is because the body has a mechanical issue that Nikon has done nothing but give me the run around for two years. In plain English...I am cooked. I am done. Giving up is just not in my vocabulary. So, it is back to the drawing board and pray tell, I could not even guess when this problem will become normal again from this moment in time. Come on 2019!

The Winter Moon is called a Cold Moon. That's the full moon of the winter solstice, which was yesterday. One of the last shots that I made with the lens before it cracked was of the Cold Moon setting this morning. Little did I know how Cold it would be, because moon cycles are a good thing for me, usually.
The Cold Moon Setting This Morning 23 Dec 2018.




No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...