Saturday, December 22, 2018

First Full Day Of Winter and a Cold Moon

The cold moon rising on the first full day of winter these final days of 2018 is really nice to watch, photograph and ponder the real meaning of life itself. Granted, it would be nice to be out in the vastness of Montana (and freezing, I might add) where the night sky is dark and lit only by that big cold moon of the winter solstice and reflecting off the snow. My Celtic ancestors would be out celebrating, I bet.

It was right on one o'clock when I hit the doorknob and headed out. A little weak cold front was just crossing with high cloudiness but still sunshine dimmed. As the front passed, the wind shifted and the skies cleared making it a nearly 70 degree day. By the time that I headed in, the air had chilled enough that it was a bit uncomfortable  to have the window all the way down. It is forecast to be ten degrees less tomorrow, but still nice before the next kink in the weather patterns turns us to that January cold. I'm shivering already from  my already used electricity and there are still  5 more days in the billing cycle. Rates have really gone up--not the usage. I turn on the same light every night and used the same settings for the microwave. In short, I am a creature of habit and I hate giving anymore to TXU than I have to each month.
Fall colors still holding on but the rain should end it for sure.

Wind Favors Areas. Remember that next summer and sit were there are leaves at the ball game. You should get a breeze there to help keep you cool. 

The little red squirrel has his seat picked out already for next season. I had to tell him that this season was already done. He left soon afterward.





No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...