Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Will Soon Be In The History Books.

As the sun sets  as the last sunset of 2018, the year has been somewhat a turmoil-type year. Those kind of years are bound to happen over the course of time. Living through a few myself, its just one of those thing where you deal with it as a 'give-me' or 'given'. That's part of life's equation. But, in the  grand scheme of things, frankly, I'm glad to see it go for several reasons. My hope for all here is that 2019 will be a better year all the way around for everyone.

Errands filled my late morning hours and my brother and his wife took me out to lunch at Desperados, the official caterers of the Dallas Mavericks, the Dallas Cowboys, the Texas Rangers and the 2011 Super Bowl. If you have eaten there more than once, you quickly understand how they got to be that well known, although the family has been cooking wonderful meals since 1976. I like the Chicken Chimichanga. This was my second time having them. While I don't eat big meals much any more, this is one that I can handle and not feel like I've over eaten when leaving.

Also, some think that they are a bit over priced. Not so. The service is exceptional and any time you have waiters and host and busboys standing at the ready in the main dining area, you know you have a quality place to eat. I should go back there more often than I do.

The errands took me to the gas station, the drugstore and the supermarket for a couple of items to help make New Years Day to feel welcomed. I sat in the driveway talking to a neighbor. He was on his way to the drugstore where I had just come from myself. In the middle part, I had made a pass of the lake seeing the little Kestrel Hawk (sparrow hawk) sitting in his favorite tree. He's a cute little devil, having remembered that the last time that I shot him just has I clicked the shutter, He evacuated. There are funny moments in photography.

The other stop was to photograph one of the Dallas Sears Stores that made the latest list of 80 Sears and K-Mart Stores closing. Actually, there were more than just a handful that I recognized in four states. This store was part of a mall that closed several hears ago and was torn down around  the Sears Store leaving it truly a stand alone store with Lowe's and several others building on the old mall site. I noticed a bit of maintenance that always seems to be the case when businesses are let go and fall in disrepair.

The fast moving cold front that is forecast to bring snow and sleet and freezing rain very near us on Wednesday has slowed down and will linger another day even closer. I'm so hoping to have snow to photograph. I'm not wishing for ice and the misery that comes with down power lines and tree limbs. Time will tell. It is time to start reading the National Weather Service Discussion topics more closely on the time cycles that they generate.

So, with this post, I'll close out this year. I have already changed the codes in my camera for 2019 copyrights. Which reminds me---I have to do that on the blog and the web page, too!.
American Kestrel Sparrow Hawk

This Sears Store and one other that are closing are the two closest to my house. The last time I was in here was about three years ago and the clerks were NOT helpful. I never went back again.

American Kestrel Hawk. Cute in a cute way.

Happy New Year. Hope to see you in 2019, again. Thanks for reading our little corner of the world.


12/31/18: to remove ghost words from text.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...