Sunday, November 11, 2018

Learning The Ropes---Literally

Oh!, that's what that does!
Two identical. One on the east side and one on the west side. Tradition always wins in my book. Mr. President and I were born on the same day.
Nice!
A couple of things around the lake that had nothing to do with it being Veterans Day. However, I did see a fleet of convertibles drive around the rental cabin at The Big Thicket. American flags were waving for them all.

The main topic was the guy at Flag Pole Hill learning the ropes of a par-a-sail-type shoot. He might have had a jump later in the day--or that's how he got to where he was at Flag Pole Hill. Judging from his actions, I'd have to say that he was in the learning process. Don't know this for sure since I didn't get a chance to talk to him. He was pretty preoccupied, don't you see. When the wind stopped, so did he. That's the thing about that sport. Wind is required and doesn't come with the kit!

Meet a very interesting young man that had just moved here from the eastern seaboard. We were talking pictures and I didn't get one! Hopefully, I will run across him again.

The final leg of the trip today was to check out the George Bush Library to see if they had any decorations up. They did. In Bush tradition, it was in good taste. Plain. Simple. Perfect! Also noticed that the new East Campus of SMU that crossed US75 aka NCX or North Central Expressway, behind the George Bush and just north of Mockingbird Station had a new neon Mustang that covered  two of the top floors on the building facing SMU. The SMU logo banner had been there almost since they moved the support offices across making it the beginning of the East Campus. My old friend, Sarah Rincon was in that move, one of the first. There is already a new Aquatics complex that is now open. Somewhere in the files, I have that specific image. I'll look for it and pull it up with colder days setting in for the holidays.

With this being said--- to our veterans past, present and those to come-- Thank You! With out you, we would not be secure in our democracy.

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...