Thursday, November 29, 2018

Sea Gulls Have Models Too!

Some of you will think that I am making this up, while others may think something equally worse, like maybe," he's had to many shots of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky." While both make me look bad, it is also funny to know that the captions under the images ARE accurate about these birds. 
One thing that I have learned the past 17 years is that animals are way smarter than we give them credit. Especailly, with waterfowl, they  have such keen smell, sound and sight. They watch our every move. While editing images, I always look to see what the subject is doing and then look to see what the subject is looking at. It's amazing that generally, they are focused on us more than we are foused on them. Some---I tell you---act as if they are models.


Like a Crow, Sea Gulls do remember individual humans. These three were flying a couple of miles from where I usually shoot images of them flying. They made a big circle and came back and paraded infront of me sitting on a park bench. After looking at some of my previous images...these three are in most of my images of seagulls.Not all...but most!

 
This one is one of my favorites.It will pose for the camera until it hears the click and motor run end. Then, it parade and watch to see if the camera is pointed at it. It then, does the same thing and will stop to pose until it hears that click and motor run end.
This one is the same one that flew in and landed on the post of the dock at Sun Set Bay. All three are camera hounds!! I'm telling you....they know what they are doing. 


No comments:

Another Trip Downtown checking out the tower cranes going up again. There are many.

The  first two images were at Carpenter Park in Downtown Dallas with the last image made from the West End Transit Center The number of tow...