Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Fish Story That Holds Promise

Well, as I have explained time and time again, people discover White Rock Lake every day. I have never meet one that went away unimpressed. Such was the fish story today of two gentlemen that "were on their lunch break". I'm still trying to figure out the prop one held in his hand---a fishing rod.

Of course, I'm having a bit of fun with these gents. But, how many fishing stories really focused on a fish? Generally, fishing has been an excuse to explore. I recall when I was a kid that my best friend had lost his mother to cancer and his father had started to date again. People that new the couple put signs on their car that said, "Gone Fishing".

My friend and I had a fight in first grade over a fish that the two of us  found in a rain puddle on the play ground. Our first grade teacher was surprised  that 'you boys' who never caused a problem in class were at each other short of a fist-a-cuff. In that cloak room, we worked it out and have remained friends over the years, since.

Both situations involved a fish story and only one had a fish in it. A small  minnow at that. But in both cases---the ruckus was not over the fish in reality--- it was the story board  that won the prize in those fish tales. Such was the fish story today. Both men left to return to work having been motivated to return later and explore and enjoy the park. While the guy with the fishing rod can bring it back  again and actually fish, there is so much to see and explore at the lake that it might be a while before this fish story materializes and actually pulls a fish from the waters of White Rock Lake.
Of course, I didn't mention these guys. They do eat a lot of bait form those hooks!!

Briefly mentioned the hawks all over the place, an osprey, Bald Eagles, Baard Owls,

Places to explore from sports to activities are high on the list to check out, too!

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...