Saturday, November 17, 2018

A Mid-Autumn Picnic Lunch, Pelican Flights and A Unicyclist with Dogs

It felt pretty good to discover that I had slept in this morning for an additional three hours. But, with today being the last day for more than the next ten days below today's forecast of 68-72 degrees with sunshine, I crawled out of bed, did my morning routine, took my meds, checked mail and other light task, packed my lunch in the picnic bag that is insulated and headed out the door.

It was delightful and at times, the approaching cold front was  pre-mixing some cool air at times. In reality, I think that the wind was changing directions as the low pressure approached from the Northwest. Still, the air temperature and gentle breeze was just the way that I like this time of year.

Having eaten a full breakfast before leaving the house, I had planned to have lunch about two in the afternoon. As it turned out, it was more like a later regular lunch hour.  For these lunches this time of year, I like to eat at the picnic tables on the patio of the cabin at Sunset Bay. That's were the pelicans hang out before they scatter for fishing trips or after lunch thermal riding. Much to my surprise, it hit me that all the color that I like to look at while eating was already spent. The trees were brown and barren. Just two weeks ago the colors were at peak and really amazing. But, I had forgotten we have had some strong winds, heavy rains and that brought down the leaves that I have been walking through the past two weeks. Where the time went I will never know. It has been a busy time for me with other things to do in addition to the pictures. The car problems took up a week or so. The state inspection took up a day. There was a doctor in there some where and a couple of days spent in the house when the weather was just plain mean. Trying to recall the number of times that I have said to myself---"we just can't catch a break anywhere"; the times that was said could not be accurately tallied. It has been a rough year weather wise.

The squirrel came down and visited while I ate.

Pelicans were riding thermal currents already.

The editorial image of the day was a unicycle rider "walking" his two dogs. 




No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...