Friday, September 10, 2021

Magic in a New Bracelet Follows Today' Pun

Today's pun  is # 19 in the series of dry humor. And here it is :

"When a clock is hungry , it goes back four seconds."

 

In the scheme of things, there has been times when  my wisdom  wasn't sure if the fates had worked a wonder here or here. But, lately, my thinking has changed a bit with all that is going on in the world. 

Several weeks ago, there came to me an introduction to check out a product that was doing great things in Kenya for women. Naturally, my thoughts were that  if this was true, supporting such a project would be something that was not all that far out of reach. It seems that a tribe in Kenya, Africa was making jewelry, shoes and the like,selling them and taking the profits to helping other women earn money to do a host of good things in their community. The man that introduced me (and many others) is from Austin, Texas.

Over a period of a few day, time was found to check out the selection of items.  It didn't take me long to come across one of the bracelets. It was small, not overbearing and best of all---it was on sale. So, an order went in for the bracelet item. Within six days, it arrived. Putting it on, it was light enough to not be a distraction. The first week it wore very well. Then, time constraints took most of my idol time away from the bracelet and directed it to more pressing matters. 

At the beginning of the second week of wear, there was a noticeable change in my thinking. Over the years, following my sons death, a level of hate had built up. Hate might have been a strong word to use there. It was more of an internal anger---a stage of grief--- theoretically. It was a bit of surprise internally that after 23 years since my son's death, there was that thinking inside. Especially after the protracted period of formal mourning had lasted for 20-years. Terms had been reached to end that mourning period and begin to move on although never forgetting him for his life and accomplishments by the age of 27. My thinking was that it had ended. But, this little bracelet that simply said, "LET GO" had quickly brought me to the conclusion that there wasn't that anger in my voice when  talking with people that seemed to have ruffled by feathers the wrong way. 

In the past two days, there has been other examples that have been a wake up call for me. Don't you see, for 10 years after college I had consoled people professionally, who needed help to change their lives where they were doing the same thing that had grown unnoticed inside me. Every one has their own time table to resolve their grief, For me, my time took 23 years and a little bracelet to show the way.





 


No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...