Friday, October 9, 2020

Some Updates; Construction; The Wagon Wheel: Autumnal Tones Inspire

 While I listen to Camille Saint SaĆ«ns Symphony No. 3, popularly known as his Organ Symphony, and its use in 2 of the 4 sections. Now, is the perfect time to let you know what is going on with the changes in the webpage and this blog page as well as another found leg to the lost wagon wheel that I used to shoot most of my urban scenes and happenings.

 As you may have discovered from previous post, my car has been sent to where ever totaled cars go after my accident with the lady, also involved in the accident and who was talking on her cell phone, a decided to take off until I chased her down, only to find that her insurance was expired. It was then, that I decided after running the numbers that my buggy would not be replaced. Despite the fact that my buggy didn't stop running, I was able to drive it home. But, after the adjuster came out it was totaled and hauled away.

With the super fine rail systems in Dallas for city suburban runs as well as the new wi-fi loaded comfort of the new TEXrail system now in place, and more coming, it just made sense to let go.

Between the north end of DFW airport's Terminal B to the TP station in downtown Ft. Worth or the south end of the airport's Center Port Station, that goes from downtown Dallas' Union Station to Ft. Worth via the TP (Texas and Pacific) station which also can connect with/to the TEXrail if you want to go back through North Richland Hills to Grapevine's downtown station and then on to Terminal B at DFW. With a slight walk between DFW's Terminal B to Terminal A, once again you can meet the DART light rail system that will take you to UNT's (University of North Texas) campus in south Dallas near I-20 or going north where you can meet the "A" train that runs from the DART line along I-35 to downtown Denton and the main campus of UNT.

In short, the Silver line is due to be ready in March 2022 that will run across the north sectors from Plano/Garland to Addison, Carrollton and UT at Dallas campus, and into DFW. Not to mention the high speed bullet from Dallas to Houston in 90 minutes. Ground breaking for that is coming up in the spring. Holy rail Batman, who needs a car?

Talk about life-style changes, the accident opened tons of new doors from pharmacy to grocery to anything else almost. An just wait until you see one of those cute little robo delivery gizmos roll up your side walk or street which I have seen being tested. And finally--drones and Uber air service. I was still a bit in the ''hesitate mode'' until  my grocery delivery service Instacart just raised another $200 million of capital this week. It's a whole new age people. A whole new age.  

 Construction on the Web and on the Blog

Most of the work has been taking place behind the scenes until just recently. Then you might have noticed oversized pictures on the headers and footers of the web page, and on the blog. The reason that it became necessary was that the © copyright © was being violated. Someone even tried to submit one of my images to one of my agents where I had the image listed. I have never been anxious to make my smart phone smarter. Because, after all, it is, another computer to maintain. This was something that I am sensitive about and now, the smart phone just got very smart much to my own chagrin. It because necessary. While I was doing that, it occurred to me, that I should go ahead and change the header to follow the trends with the agencies where I list my images. And so, instead of doing by seasons, it will now be done as trending topics hit at least three of my agents sites. That means that images could change daily, if not monthly, or even full circle back to what autumnal tones inspire.

The Third Leg of the Wagon Wheel Shooting Wheel has now been completed  

and verified that I can continue to shoot in those areas via bus, rail, on foot, or any combination thereof. It's actually better than the car because when I see something interesting, I can get off the transportation mode and go shoot it. Where as in the car,  you had to find a parking spot. And all that goes with that. Which could be expensive at some parking lots in Dallas. Meters are always filled and if you were lucky to fine one and used the new digital meters they require a credit or debit card---which is not a problem but its slower than just dropping in a couple of quarters and running!  Getting off the train or bus you are right at the action and can get your shot. In many ways, it solved a lot of problems using the bus or train, and helps my health by walking even more. (I'm now up to 5 miles a day. It's nine miles around White Rock Lake which I have walked before.)

So, we do appreciate your patience with us. We are still open.

                                      
   We have been demolishing a few things here and there
And you thought that we were talking about a small demolition.



No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...