Sunday, October 18, 2020

It Ain't No Fun When The Rabbit Has The Gun

 I've heard that phrase since I was a kid and never really payed any attention to it. That is---until these hospital stays have put me in the scope of that rabbit. 

                                                  An eatable table centerpiece of peppers.

Finally, after seven months the original surgery that I went into the hospital for the Monday before Thanksgiving last has been done and I am home starting all over again, now with 4 surgeries total complete.My strength had rebounded and finally, I was able to get out and go with renewed energy and strength. That's been shot in the foot for a while now. I am more sore from a 5'' incision than I was from a full 10" incision down my mid-line. Those 3'' and 1'' are nothing. And, for the second time in a row, cancer was avoided before it was getting a foot hold. I am so thankful for that. I know that there are those who have had it much worse and are still having a bad time with it than I have ever had. I do not mean to undercut the severity. Quiet the opposite, actually. 

When I get up out of my desk chair, I look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame all bent over. It takes several steps before I can stand up straight. Last night I finally found a comfortable position in which to sleep and I slept a good 9 hours.

So, this coming week will be a bit of a roller coaster on the weather side and the following week a very strong autumn cold front (We used to call them the Alberta Express in the Great Lakes) will come charging through and we will have sunshine and 70s the whole week as it looks now. I'll stay in and take it easy until I am sure that I am strong enough to be back out again. My goal (and that isn't something that I express much about) will be to be getting to the point that I will be able to start walking a bit of a distance again. I think that it will take me longer to get there, now, than it did beforehand, but that's okay. I'll regain speed with time. And just wait until I find that darn rabbit!!!!




No comments:

And People Wonder Why These Signs Are Being Put Up.

 Well,  it is the fact that the Coyote is being run out of his native territories by mass population grown. The Green Belts where most have ...