Monday, October 5, 2020

Explored the nature trails at the Bush Presidential Center

 On purpose, the delay to explore these grounds and trails in a park-like setting was delayed until it had time to mature from construction and plantings. Several of the living presidents were there at the dedication. I was shooting the fringes of the action. There is always more going on in the fringes than at the focal point of the event. 

From home, I took the bus to the train station. After a short wait for the train, (Sunday schedules are farther apart) taking it to the SMU/Mockingbird Station as it is now know, was a quick trip. To bring a closer association to SMU, the station was renamed. The center is directly across North Central Expressway at Mockingbird Lane. On the west side of the expressway, it's University Park. It was also my longest walk to date. The weather was delightful and that made the outing even better. 

The trails and the flowers (mostly wild flower variety) are what I like to shoot anyway. But, the change from fall to spring is yet to be experienced, so I will be coming back in the spring to see that change and what it has to offer.

The Geo.Bush Presidential Center

                                                                    The Trails look like this
                                       Some of the foliage has begun to show signs of turning

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...