Friday, February 5, 2021

Maybe I might be the last to get their shot.

 I saw a T-shirt today that read: "The Virus Hunters".  It should have read, "The Covid19  Vaccine Hunters". It seems there are more of those today than the former. Which brings up the fact that there are some obvious holes in the system. I'm finding that out, after having put my car up for sale and riding buses and trains, if I don't walk. In short, 98% of the people getting their shots are those who drive to the Mega Centers (carbon footprint and all). I have been told several times not to come as a walk up because I would just be in the way. I have gone to as many hunting parties as anyone out there. The bottom line is that I still don't have an appointment. I have a preregistration confirmation, but the next sentence says," that is no guarantee that you have an appointment". It does seem to me that the old song, "Every Which Way But Loose", appears to be what I am seeing. It takes a lot of patience and I have a semi-full of patience; always have; always will. Patience is even more an asset today than at any other time, I believe. So, I continue to search every available opening. Who knows, I might have to take a flight to Denver to get my shot. And that raises the question of whether the woman that drove to Texas Motor Speedway from Colorado, is spending the next two weeks in Texas so she can get her second shot They are tagged to be taken at the same place you got the first shot. Or,did she drive home to Colorado and then will come back for the second one. Now, to add insult to injury AT&T stadium is being prepared to be turned into another Mega Center. The difference is that AT&T will be have both a walk up clinic and a drive up. The first I've seen or hear about. Most have advertised no walk ups.  The problem with that is AT&T has no public transportation to the stadium. Not even any shuttles. I live thirty miles from AT&T stadium. 

Shortly after completing the first part of this post, A great big deception jumped out at me on the news at 10 last night.

I had been mislead about Fair Park Mega Center from the start. It had been advertised as drive up. Well that is a half truth, not the full truth. The drive up drove  (pardon the pun) a lot of people like me to believe that you could not get a shot as a walk up. When in fact, what actually was happening was that people were being directed to a specific parking lot and then they walked to the building that was set up to give the shots. What really made me mad was that it ended at closing yesterday. Monday, it opens as a (get this; a drive thru) on  Monday. Judge Jenkins, all the faith that I have had in you has now been poured down the tubes. The way people are being treated that don't have cars now, is a disgrace, if not discriminatory.


I hate to say it but here it is: this whole thing is being run for political reasons. Those with the most power be it city or county are out just playing the "Vote for me"  game at the expense of the people who need the shots,Those that are eligible to have it and are being turned away for not having a car. It really is a slap in the face to senior citizens. I've always been one for the underdog, and I can spot it generally in a heart beat. But in this case, there is so much underlying confusion, people are fighting a double war. 

Normally, I might be a little vocal about a topic here and there, but I have watched this from the beginning with special care and need. What I have seen is that the US was not prepared for the administering of vaccinations as a whole and the local communities were not at all ready. I've seen Ft. Worth, Dallas, Denton, Plano and now Arlington in the mix and the difference between the groups does not even look like one and the same. 

The first time I left this county on a business trip and came back home, I saw, at the airport's Immigration  Check Points just how spoiled the people in the US really are. It was like someone turned on a giant flood light. I've been keenly aware of that situation every since. I fully understand how people have suffered from Hurricanes, Fires, Floods, Landslides and all sorts of natural disasters where FEMA, the American Red Cross, Save the Children, The Salvation Army and Texas Baptist Men, all disaster relief organizations, have all stepped in to help our country's citizens. Here we are in one of the biggest and more costly pandemics we have ever seen and there is no unified organization. Oh, it's medical, that requires medical personal. I won't even touch on the waste of vaccines that has gone on. And web pages are the absolute worse for misleading info from the big drug companies. I spent about an hour on each of the CVS,Walgreen, Kroger Pharmacies looking for info then went to the Local New outlets only to find their info is nothing more than a patch work of the pharmacies and the news outlets. The city's 211 and county website for Dallas County was even frustrating for me let alone those that don't have the education that I have or have no computers or any computer skills. It's not their fault, but the fault lies with the agencies failures to recognize the bottom line problem that the population face each and every day what every their cause or reasoning. 

Is any of this a new generational fight for power? You bet your sweet bippy it is. And what I'm. seeing is not what our forefathers had in mind. That's right, they didn't have any of this in mind because since the 1970s the politics have changed in this county and few people paid any notice that it was changing at all. So, now, several generations later, we have a situation that has been compounded by time and displaced attention to details.

While I still feel that this is the greatest country on the face of the earth, values have changed so much today that we better be getting our act back on target of what we were during during WWI and WWII. The army could vaccinate thousands standing in lines. Now we have to drive in our SUVs to get our shots because we don't want to get off our spoiled rear ends. 

I have said my fill. There will be those that disagree. There will be those that are now mad. There will be those that will pray for me. Dear Hearts, I've been praying for you too!. Since day one.


No comments:

Just a Kid when the Northern Lights were seen by me. This week, I missed the first night and last night it was cloudy.

Thank goodness I can say that I have at least seen the most fab light show in nature.  Today will be 100 % rain. It's another indoor day...