Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Things I Have Heard People Say

 Language is such an art, yet while some of mine is decaying, what I heard recently, whether it is scripted or not, seems to be even worse than my aging decaying language art skill. I keep a pad at the computer which is also close to my AM FM Receiver and TV. My desk is a solid oak pedestal architectural desk with three foot long file drawer and top drawer on the right side. My desk chair and computer sits right dab dead center at 3 feet either side. It has log books, image directories and added shelves and pigeon holes here and there. Yet, I know where everything is and can reach for it on either side.  

A commercial for underwear: The Butt Checkers. Sounds like another Steven King Novel.

                                                                              zoo notic

infections and injections




From a preacher in a visiting pulpit on a pod cast: "Mist in the pulpit is  fog in the congregation," Dr. Tony Evans

He's got socks older than me.

Send me the pillow you dream on. [no thanks]

From an episode of "Blue Bloods" at the infamous weekly meal for the family.: "sort that out and we'll talk about it."

A Qantas 747 jet. "Cheddar Believe It."

Erin Rogers, Green Bay Quarterback,:" My future is a glorious mystery."

Frank Zappa quote on facebook."  A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."

         A "Bill Whitehead",reply to Frank Zappa." An open mind is really a mark of foolishness like an open mouth,"

I think I will ride with Frank Zappa on that one.

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...