Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Looking For Textures today. Found a Texture Mine

                                               Spring is busting out all over in the Metroplex.


One just never knows what you will find these days. Everyone has an opinion on why things have gotten so crazy.  That is exactly why I don't shoot people in poses and do weddings etc.,etc. There is a bus stop that I pass through almost every time I go out. A couple of weeks ago there was this weird accident at a high traffic intersection. Today, there was another on the opposite corner involving three vehicles instead of just two. A popular Asian Shopping Center because a cut-through for a bus that had to pass up two of its stops because of the fire trucks and police. I try not to let things like that bother me when I'm walking and using public transportation. But, I guess it is because I've seen so much over the years that having a normal day does not really occur that much anymore. In fact, I pretty much expect to see bags full of things during the day.

It's ten degrees cooler than yesterday and it still hit 81°F. At least just normal jeans and shirt made the backpack and camera case easier to carry with the folding canvas stool instead of dealing with a heavy winter coat. It rained from a fast moving system from California that cleared out of here by mid morning. Then, gusty winds dried up the moisture but left pooling ponds to dodge on sidewalks and curbs. 

I've been passing a rather unusual themed restaurant that was developed along a stretch that I cover in the old neighborhood area, Not far from where my mom lived, then I lived, after my younger brother had lived in the neighborhood as well while he was single. My, how time flies. But, when the train stopped at the station across the street, I got off and started walking another block of the blocks. I found some red bud threes that were busting out the blooms already. Spring is gonna pop here real soon. Usually by the first of March in years past. I had even forgot that Fat Tuesday was yesterday and people were beginning the first day of Lent in the Christian Religion with burned palm ashes placed on their forehead. When reality struck, I walked over to the restaurant and went in side.

I had a great lunch outside on their covered patio eating to the sounds of the street and the trains. When I finished, I ask the host if I could take a couple of shots of the most unusual architecture element that I had seen. It was simple and yet, it just stood out. "Sure, have at it, he said."  That changed the attitude of the day. It was 4 o'clock when I walked into the house with some keepers and some that were ifs and maybes because of the wind and me not changing my settings like I could have. Yet, the keepers will go to one or two of my agents that knows how to choose things from the same view point that I saw when I choose to shoot them originally. Everyone thinks that fads last. They don't.

                                                Simple,plain, very well done interior

                                                        Plastic Cars or not, this was a hard hit.

Another discard of the same breed as I found yesterday.  The difference here is a single glove and a woman's. The ones yesterday were a pair of men's. What's the odds of finding the same discard 10 miles removed from the first find?

No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...