Saturday, February 18, 2023

Beautiful Georgian Architecture at SMU for Thomas Jefferson

 The architecture at SMU is of the Georgian style chosen by the architect from the style at Charlottesville, Virginia's university from the Thomas Jefferson era. It is one of my favorites, still, today. The Cox school of business is undergoing at present, a major building addition with a quad structure. 

The Perkins Chapel of the Divinity School is always a peaceful experience inside and out. I love the benches and the rose gardens before going up the steps to the entrance. Today, I noticed at large number of tulip trees in bloom. 

I always walk by the Greer Garson Theatre Building. My mom knew Greer and I do visit her grave from time to time out of total respect for such a wonderful person that she was. Mom would like that, too.









No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...