Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Milo Butterfinger's Grill & Saloon

 With the weather somewhat better than the relentless 10 days of 98 with high humidity, getting out again has been a long-awaited event. Frankly, this has been one of those years where Summer was not nice. Never-the-less, the last two days have been like a hot and cold type. By that, it is meant that one day was good shooting while one day was not very good for shots. 

Today, this afternoon, was the first time in a while that I have been able to board a bus at SMU/Mockingbird Station and bring it completely home without getting off until my final stop. I have not been able to do that since the big schedule changes took place this past January 24th. Still, the schedules are a mess and DART seems to think that things are working well unless people call in. My share of letting DART know how bad it is for my stops that once upon a time were flawless. Now, the stops are not dependable for the two main buses I use from and to home. When I am out and about shooting on the wagon wheel schedule, it doesn't matter to me. But when I'm ready to head home, I expect to be able to get there without any problems. 

From SMU/Mockingbird station, I walked the street from the DART parking lot down to Yale past the City of University Park's facility. Over the years that part of Yale Blvd. has undergone a major change in a short 2-3 blocks to the Northbound Service Road of Central Expressway (US Highway 75) near President George Bush's Presidential Center. But, from there back to Greenville Avenue, it's restaurants and bars and saloons. Low rise apartments cover the area also. 

There were a couple of guys walking toward the bridge that crosses Central Expressway that I ask, "of all the selection of campus bars and restaurants would you say is the best of the bunch?" The one who spoke out said that," I'd forget about all the rest but up on the end [Greenville coming this way] is Milo's. It's a funky type sports bar that is the best of the bunch."

 (note that Yale Blvd. has now been made SMU Blvd. to reflect the growing presence of the East Campus of SMU across North Central Expessway (NCX; US 75; etc.etc.)

I had the best Hawaiian Chicken cutlet with scalloped potatoes, white sauce, green peas and a buttered flaky roll sliced lengthwise. The price was good and the menu changes every other week. They will be sending me a menu for the week. I have been looking for a place that had an ole style Friday Fish Fry like the American Legions did every Friday in the Great Lakes. There are plenty of fish fries here in Texas, but that type of fish fry is just different and I am curious to see if this one will meet the test of my taste buds and expectations. I'm tending to think that it probably will. 











No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...