Sunday, May 1, 2022

Yesterday in Downtown

I rode the new #3 bus from Mockingbird Station downtown yesterday. I don't always like using the train underground from Mockingbird to City Place and finally end up on Pacific Avenue  as the train comes topside again.

It gave me a chance to see Ross Avenue developments that has totally transformed it from a decade ago. At the West End Station, I go off and hit the street heading toward Fountain Place. Then, it was just a meandering tour of all the changes from the west end of Ross avenue eastward through the Arts District when I meet a couple from India that were touring Dallas. As it turned out, the wife was a doodle artist and showed me a couple of here drawings that were absolutely amazing. I did give them my last business card that I had in my camera bag and I do hope that she sends me an email and how I can use a couple of her drawings. I can already see a couple of projects that would fit right in. I don't have any vectors and would like a show a couple.

From there it was to Cathedral Guadalupe where I timed it perfectly as  the bells peeled for 15 minutes. As they wound down, the space between the bells as they tolled elongated and because somber and fading. It's been a long time since I have heard Cathedral bells peal like that. Got some interesting shots of all the new construction and how things have become more dense.

 






No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...