Sunday, May 1, 2022

A First to See This

 Over the years, I have seen a lot of things that are unusual. Some were a bit scary. Others were rather comical. Even enough rarity to bust out laughing. In those events, there has been times when I stumbled upon a guy playing his trumpet under a bridge to get the reverbs off the concrete. Just a couple of weeks ago I photographed a professional violinist on the cultural state at the Deep Ellum  Arts Festival. I ran across a Mexican Mariachi band playing under the west ramp of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge; a high school marching band when a Parliament Member from Italy was being honored on the Ron Kirk Pedestrian Bridge and Felix Lozada Gateway (Continental Avenue Bridge c.1929) but never, until today have I seen this! It was not only unusual. It was inspiring to see a young man practicing his violin while rollerblading around a school and adjacent park. Because the young man was a minor and had no adult parent with him, I could only photograph him with his back to the camera under editorial photos published guidelines. I did tell him how to find his image later tonight for his parents or his friends. With that said, I give you a talented student that was pretty good at both rollerblading and playing the violin, albeit all at the same time.






No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...