Friday, October 22, 2021

Ricky Gervais is right on the money on this pod cast.

 Sometimes, Art mirrors Real Life. Well, Ricky Garvais just proved that it does and the "Cancel Culture" is about to get its pay back on the upcoming generations, although, they don't know it yet. They are not as "WOKE" as they think they are.

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=342027&tst

 

The last that I heard officially, Walmart adds about $48 Million annually to their overall revenue from this  kind of thing. What is one mans garbage is another ones treasure. Recycle folks. It's not that hard of a thing to do. And, set up a separate savings account where you can place the earnings. Watch it grow and how much money you throw away from your shopping experiences. Not  talking about wasted food here at all. 

Article continues after the image here where it says Resume Post Here below left margin.

Resume Post Here:

For one, you have to be open minded to Ricky's type of dry humor. After all he is British.

For two, you must have understanding about what the "Cancel Culture" implies. Hollywood, included.

For three, I've only been saying this since 1970. Then, I said that it would take a generation and a half to get us out of this mess with youth today. In the 1980s I revised my estimate that it would take a full 2-generations to get us out from what parents let their kids get away with. 

And, like Ricky Gervais, I have wanted to see this mess reversed and hoped to see it in my lifetime. In the article, Ricky, says that today's version of my exact thinking. The only problem is that Ricky is younger than me and he probably will see it more than I will. 

Neuroscientist, Sam Harris in the pod cast, "Absolutely Mental" talked to Ricky about that very thing. In yet another Pod Cast, "Smartless", hosted by Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett, allowed the conversation to turn to Cancel Culture and gave Ricky Gervais  a clear chance to further share his views on the subject. 

So, the bottom line here is that I concur with Ricky and Neuroscientist Sam Harris. In addition, I am greatful to the three host of "Smartless" to allow Ricky the opportunity to share his views on the subject. It has needed to be shared for many years. It goes back to what a longtime mentor of mine informed me that, " you never know how much clout you have until you exercise it."  I've been more outspoken in the last 5 years than at any time in my conservative upbringing. And while I was still in the corporate world I found out that I have much more clout than I could have ever imagined. Since then,  I have journalized in journals and in this blog. 

So, do YOURSELF a favor and listen to the pod cast or read the article associated with it on Fox News, in the article published by Julius Young, on 10-20-2021 at 6:04 PM.It opens in a separate window. It did for me on a test run of the link.

I call it my Road Diet as I listen to pod cast while riding the bus and the trains.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...