Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Day of the Dead Festival is Coming Up on November 2nd.

 There is a bit of a history lesson and religious festivals in different cultures. Growing up, I had always thought that the celebration was on the day after Halloween. But, later on in life, I discovered that it actually on November 2nd each year. The confusion that arose comes from the close association to Halloween and All Saints Day on November 1st.

It goes like this:

October 31st is actually, All Hallows Eve

November 1st is Day of the Children and All Saints Day . 

November 2nd. Day of the Dead Festival

It was an honor for my business host to take me along to his own families graves out side Mexico City. It was an honor for me to be ask to come celebrate with his decease family members and his own family celebration. I am better for the experience overall and my host honored me by bring me along to the celebration for his family on the Day of the Dead. 

Denton, Texas

 I rode the A-Train from DART's light rail Green Line to Frankfort and then caught the A-Train to Denton.



My trip to Denton to Cartwright's for lunch and my second ride on the A-train was an update on how much downtown Denton has changed. The trip was one of the enjoyable trips this past summer.

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...