Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Discoveries Continue

 Now that the final surgery is behind me, I had wondered just how long it would take before I could regain what I had accomplished just before my surgery. As  I have reported,  my daily walks had increased and been maintained at 5-miles per day. Then, I got the call from the surgeon that I had been scheduled for the last of my surgeries that never got finished since last November because of the pandemic. As our great Governor had halted surgeries, it was costly to me in many ways besides financial. The absolute worse Governor Texas has ever had cost me something that can never be replaced. Psychologically, the damage has been a lot to bear and I am working to put even that, behind me, now. Missing part and all.

Yesterday, I put on my pre-packed backpack and headed to the bus stop. Then, on to the rail station. As it turned out, I had planned to go North, but ended up going South. I had just missed a train. Getting off short one stop before where I had planned, there is a walk alongside the tracks (safely, of course) that goes into the new Trail System that tied into the Katy Trail. It is that part of the new multi-million dollar cable stayed bridge that crosses Mockingbird Lane and the SMU/Mockingbird Station complex. About two miles from where I got off at Mockingbird. The discoveries that I made along the way were very much like I have been making over the past years from my shoot wheel. Just before my surgeries, I had discovered that from the bus and the trains, I could pretty much match that old wheel that I had made from my car. Knowing now that I duplicate it, if not increase it, the joy that I get from photography was satisfied enough that I could pretty much count on it being sustainable. 

Sure, I ran into a couple of little detours that are part of a large construction project, but that was okay. I can live with those little short falls. When finally able to board the train, once again, I headed North. I was bound and determined to go to the Parker Road Station, the end of the Red and Orange Lines. Along the way, I also noted some places that I will return to---mainly, Downtown Plano. The others will be at the renamed Pres. Geo Bush which has been renamed City Line because of the State Farm Office Complex that is thriving with business, retail, restaurants and trail systems. I'm thinking already that the spring of 2021 should be good-to-go. Hopefully. One never knows today. 

On the way back South, I got off at my regular train stop to catch my bus home. I knew something was wrong from the very start. The buses were not hitting like they should and there seemed to be some kind of confusion going on. Even the platform clocks that announce the different lines arrivals had stopped, dead. Long story shorter, the bus that I normally catch was over an hour and a half late. On the way home, when I finally did catch the bus, we passed it sitting on the side of the road. It had, for some unknown reason, been emptied out and even the driver was gone. These types of things will happen on the bus and rail systems also. Just like a well maintained car can stop running for some unforscene reason. After all, it was Halloween.

                                                                               Beauty

                                                                             Mischevious


 


No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...