Monday, September 28, 2020

Walked an Alley For Two Blocks

 then, I caught the bus to the LBJ Station and took the train to Downtown Garland. It was a delightful day to be out. My strength levels are holding. I feel really well. It was nice to be out with my camera-in-hand and it proved to be fruitful. Today, I shot more images than I have shot in the past 6 months. When I shot 29,000 images annually, it was easy to be happy. But, knowing that every shot counted more than ever, today produced a 51% of images worthy to meet the agencies approval standards. So, it was a good day in more ways than just photography. It was reward time and I had the best piece of carrot cake with coffee at downtown Garland 's Main Street Cafe. After seeing the days results, the ice cream and 3 prime strawberries filled up my reward bowl and now, its watching the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Dallas Stars are playing the Tampa Bay Lightening. I've been a big hockey game fan since high school. 

Tomorrow is forecast to be as good as today with lower dew points---that's cool dry air--- and the comfort level will be ideal to go to the Dallas Arboretum for the fall pumpkin displays.So, I got to do some planning and get everything set so the shoot goes as well if not better than today. Time will tell. Meanwhile, back at the barn, pacing my self will still be key. 

For me, seeing a sign today was reward enough in that several years ago, the Park Managers throughout the Metroplex all agreed that the parks should return to the native prairie grasses of days gone by. Dallas tried it first and it was a huge success. Now, in Garland, there were signs surrounding the Library in the landscape. Landscape architects were seen as added help to get the program going and it was also a way to raise interest for the project. Well, it's working and not only is the landscape changing for the better. The Buffalo Grass was used in Garland and its going to be so awesome to see it in a couple of years. That's another thing that I like about photography. It enables you to see things like that when others walk on by without a reference to it at all. 




Some have already noticed that I pulled the header picture.To much copyright infringements taking place at that size.

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...