Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The Duchess of Sussex Reads Novels by Anaïs Nin


 and I love her quotes. She was Gore Vidal's partner at one time. She lived 1903- 1977. Her novels came from  8 of her diary books. She is: Anaïs Nin. Born in France. Her mother was a singer and her father a composer. Hence, the lyrical and musical life she knew.in quote 11.

Following are some quotes by  Anaïs Nin, that I have been reading over the years. 

1. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom."

2."Each friend represent a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

3. "Dreams are necessary to life."

4. "Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it .

6. "Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles  me, I escape, one way or another."  NB---The full quote from which this one is take is listed below as # 11 in its entirety.

7. " Good things happen to those who hustle."

8. " Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live."

9 ."We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially, we are relative, we are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present and future mingle and pull us backwards,forwards, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."

10. "The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery."  NB---Albert Einstein said that, "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."

11. " I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger than reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls."   NB--- Quote # 6 is only a part of this quote. This being, the full quote from which some have taken #6 as a short cut. 

It seems to me that we don't have as many today that make quotes that live on into the ages. And, if there is, they don't send shock waves that our past writes have coined. To me, that is sad. We are so caught up in social media. And it is shocking to some that find out that the social media is robbing us of our private identities in such volume it is not even possible to visualize that amount. It reminds me of the DOT supervisor that I talked with during the new construction of the sub-terrain lanes of the LBJ from the High 5 to the I-35E. He said," if the people of Dallas knew what we were doing high tech wise, it would blow their minds, but you see, we are doing it while their hopes are in the fact that we get the highway construction of the LBJ done on time or even early. Don't you see, they don't even know that this high tech stuff is going in and won't draw any attention.  They are asleep at the wheel. By the time they finally wake up, even if they ever do, it will be to late, then."

There is always more mystery


No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...