Thursday, January 10, 2019

Spotted 5 of the Hawks Today But Not Before This Accident

Before eyes fell on the first of the five hawks that I saw today, I saw an accident that was just the strangest thing. A big box type van had it's box completely torn off the frame of the truck and came to rest against a telephone pole at a major intersection. Normally, I would have submitted to the live news feeds but just didn't feel like the effort that it was going to take, so after watching the cleanup and seeing two wreckers and their workers with chain saw, sledgehammer,an ax, I was just amused watching the box being further
The Truck and what is left of the box cover. This is wrecker # 1
reduced so that it could be safely loaded onto the second wrecker and hauled away. The cargo was yet, another mess that was being handled to the side and I didn't get any shots of that situation other than the initial shot of the mess it caused on the ground.

Like I said, I just didn't have the energy today to do the full scope of submitting to a live feed. So, I didn't. I have long been able to feel deep low pressure systems in my back as the storms approaches. Today is just that type of day. I haven't felt this as strongly since the blizzard of '78 in the Great Lakes. But, location means nothing other than that the storm system is close enough to me for me to feel it in my back and today it is radiating throughout my entire body as it did during the blizzard that is mentioned above. Ironically, for lunch, a couple of days ago, I got out of the freezer, a meal that was frozen especially for days like tomorrow's forecast. Cold. Rain. Misery. So, another one will be enjoyed tomorrow for lunch should I be lucky enough to be able to get out of bed. That makes me sound almost old. Well, I'm not that bad. But, the weather has really taken a toll on me mentally, this year already. But, there has been good new on that front already this
The box that once resided on the bed of the truck behind the first wrecker. This is wrecker #2
year, as well, so I really can't complain---even begin to complain, just yet! I'll try to get a second post of more of these pictures and some of the big red boys of White Rock. One was sitting on a wire. I have never seen a hawk on a wire. Not their style and there was a medium wind. He was having a problem keeping his balance but gave in to sit in his favorite tree a bit later.

The box at the edge of the intersection with its cargo that was inside the box.
                    

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...