Saturday, January 26, 2019

Fair Park Is Really Changing!

With the new management to open up Fair Park during the days beyond and up to the State Fair run of three weeks, the changes were very obvious and people were all over the 177 acres of  grounds. It was a much more friendly atmosphere and from what I saw today, the changes will only make Fair Park a true park and second jewel for Dallas as it should be.

With Fair Park getting much needed work, crews were also doing that, too! The place  just looked alive more than I can ever remember. That pretty much sums it up like this: " With the State Fair not running, the place was more alive than ever!" No mid-way, no concessions, but people were just totally enjoying their day. After yesterdays punishing walks,  I though it might just be my imagination that was giving me a false reading, but no, even I enjoyed the afternoon.

The Art Decco paradise still just blows me away to see so much in one location. If people don't realize what a prize this is for Dallas, then they need to get out an explore the wealth of this place. Usually, I make a trip down there about once ever four months with my last one being  the installation of Big Tex prior to opening day for the fair.


Fountains outside Hall of State Building. These are not the amazing programed music water and light show with surround sound directly in front and across the plaza from the Hall of State Entrance.

Originally opened as Star Plex and since has undergone several sponcorships. The groups, performers, bands, and music is still the good stuff. It's an outdoor lawn venue with sound stage.


The art decco collection of buildings is getting a boost from the city to the tune of $50 million. Cracks, paint, repairs  will be a well deserved fix.


No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...