Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Some Arguement May Insue but, No, Virginia,

it isn't a red tail hawk. It has been confirmed that it is a two-year old male osprey that is probably nesting for the first time and is looking for a mate. Sorry, to disappoint those that will swear on a stack of fake news gossip that it is a red tail but there are two distinguishing characteristics that confirm him from a couple of long-term experts that do this for a living.

Besides, I know an osprey when I see one or I would not have troubled a couple of professors that love this bird as much  I have come to appreciate if I hadn't seen the two distinguishing characteristics.

Oh, since it is our blog, and we announced that this blog wasn't turning into a bird blog, we can still post bird pictures of interest, don't you know?
2-year old Osprey Male according to a couple of experts that study the breed academically.

Beautiful in flight

A new sandbar has emerged from the island all the way across Sunset Bay to the area left of the dock. That's a sandpiper in the center confirmed by yet another birder. It didn't get out of the mid 40s today with a 24MPH NW wind. C-O-L-D!!!

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...