Sunday, May 21, 2017

Jordan Missed The Cut and So Did I.

Alright, lets just get a couple of old drift wood out of the way from the beginning. Yes, I did go to the Four Seasons Resort. Yes, I did go to Lake Carolyn. In fact, I even clocked the distance between the two locations in traffic to see if I would have enough time. The thing is---even after crossing over the Carpenter and going up a couple of hills to the very top, it because very obvious to me (from past years workings) that the organization was way off this year. The check point for Uber drivers was more like 30 cows trying to pass through a gate for one at the same time. The big black SUVs that bore the Byron Nelson on the side for the players were even seen out of place from where they normally would be located. The crowd of people waiting to get in and the gallery crowds that I could see lining the fairways and the greens were out of control, I thought. At one point when I passed on the holes that were coming up, tournament judges waited impatiently for the leaders to make their way to their tee, fairway and green. It was there, right then, that I knew that I would not come back for the action on Sunday (today). I have learned a long time ago to cut your losses, not sit on something costing you money when it isn't going to pay off at all.

The dragon boat races are pretty much the same. The only thing that changes there are the people in the boat, the people on the stage and the vendors. While I would have liked to go, by the time I got out of the house today it would not be another advantageous event.

The other piece of drift wood is the fact, yes, I did photograph an airplane. Yes, I did photograph a train. You can go back and read "about me/us" on page two of the website. It's going to tell you right up front that airplanes and trains hold a very special place in my photography. The biggest of all can be seen on the header of my twitter page. And, Air Force One landing at Love field were all documented under Obama' trips to Dallas, but one in particular was the Magnum Opus. It appears on page 5 of my website in frame. And the Union Pacific Big Boy when it was moved from Fair Park to that train place named after a Railroad called, Frisco got a lot of coverage. With that said, it does get better from here on out.  And, I made a serendipitous find that I didn't even know existed until today that blew me away. The acres and acres of parking lots with a Valet station the size of a Butler Building and security towers that look like something from Yellowstone Fire Ranger stations. There is a night club that will blow you away. There is a rodeo that you could most likely sit Mesquite Rodeo inside.

Then, I still have enough energy to shoot the beginning of a project that will form the story board make up  before a I actually start shooting it for publishing. I'm estimating fall before I get to that point but, hey, I'm having tons of fun. I know one thing. I am back to sleeping 8-9-10 hours a day again and that feels good. A clap of thunder around 8 this morning shook me awake and when I looked at the clock again---it was 9:40! I had wanted to be on the road by 8:30. But, you see, my body knew that a thunderstorm was going to rumble through about that time and it let me sleep!
That's why I listen to my body. It's got things all figured out already. All I have to do is step back and let it do its thing. In short---I don't fight the system. That's going to be an upcoming blog story later on this year.

Here is a sampling of some of the images, excluding the trains and planes.
Uptown growth sells out before it's done.

If we get a Super Bowl, we are going to kill the suburban room business in hotels!!

A very impressive and creative design for an impressive and creative design group. WOW! even the ramp to the overhead door adds that Noah Ark effect!



No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...