Monday, May 15, 2017

It's True. You Talk to the Animals and they Talk to You!

Last week in one of my post it was mentioned that the work load had been heavier of late, but that the enjoyment of being busy has always motivated me to do even more. To top that off, this is the time of the year that for me personally is a somber one that begins on June first and last until July 10th. In that period, my work load will drop to near nothing and it will be a time for me to just be a wanderlust. But, it's not June one yet!

Two big events are coming up this weekend. The DFW Dragon Boat Races and Kite Festival kicks off in Las Colinas
The song bird is on a #3 Rebar arch. The bug in his beak is as big as the rebar he sits on.


This is my buddy. He walked with me on the sidewalk. I"d stop and turn around and he would catch up, then we would go another lap.  It was so funny. He listened as I talked to him, tilting his head to the side and looking up at me.

This great blue heron was a high stepper. He had a gate  that never changed as he walked the edge of the canal. This is the second bird of the crane family that I have seen do this in the past few days. The other one was a great egret that walked the edge of a fountain like this guy and actually was fishing. This guy was just out for a walk. He tired me out !
on Lake Carolyn and the last year for the Byron Nelson Golf Classic plays at the Four Seasons Resort at Cottonwood in Las Colinas before moving to the new Trinity Forest Golf Course in South Dallas. The past two years I have watched this course take shape and the #5 pin was in the cup this time last year as a show of progress. But, this year, the Byron will still be at Four Seasons and will be a time for all the old familiar faces that have worked at the Four Seasons the past 35  years to say good-bye with the class that tournament generated year after year after year. With luck, getting shots from the Byron and the Dragon Boat Races should not be to much of a problem with the proximity of both venues almost overlapping each other. Next year, will be a bit more challenging to say the least.

This afternoon, brought me to Farmers Branch for a quick check on a little project that has been wilting on the vine for the past year. But, before it's leaves turn brown and fall completely off the vine, it was an honest attempt to check on it one last time. In fact, the Gardner was working on it when I got there and the darn thing looked pretty well. It just might survive.The roses were not as nice as  they have been in years past and the calla lilies, while pretty, were a bit down this year as well.

But, it was an interesting bit to sit on the bench swing and watch the birds. There was one big beautiful great blue heron,  busy little song bird who actually caught a big bug in flight and a blue jay that wanted to walk with me on the sidewalk.  I do talk to the animals and over the years, I have learned that they will talk to you if you listen and pay attention to there jesters.

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...