Saturday, April 20, 2024

It Rained all night. It Rained all day. Loud Thunder and Lightening Rumbled Sleep Away.

 Over 2-inches of rain since late afternoon yesterday. Rain with high winds. Falling temperatures came as the cold front passed and weather system became a slow mover. The low tonight will be 49°F. Two days from now it will be back in the high 80's. But the kicker is that after three days of nice weather again, we are in for another round of 4-days of rain. 

It might be better to go to Sam's club and buy a canoe and rain gear, Then, I can forget about the buses and train schedules.



It might even be to my advantage because I could get to places in the canoe that I have not seen. Of course, I am kidding. I had enough canoe trips at summer camps in southern Michigan. I'd get up at 5:30 AM and paddle around the lake before breakfast. My wife and the kids were not big canoe fans. The peace and quiet of the morning as the sun came up is one of my favorite times to be out in nature. The birds sing sweeter songs, the light paints the surrounding landscape like a Norman Rockwell canvas. The stillness of the water is like a mirror and to me, it's a perfect start to the day. 

The rain also cancelled the 40-miles of trails at the Blue Bonnet Festival in Ennis, Texas today.

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...