Monday, April 8, 2024

And the Darkness Came and Went in 4 minutes and 23 seconds. So Cool.

 Waiting for the day to come has been since I was 14 and my grandmother told me about her mother (my great grand mother) telling her about the total eclipse that she saw in the exact path of totality that she had seen it occur. Today. I fulfilled that long expected day for myself. 

In fact, where I was watching it occur was with staff and students at a nearby college. Even saw the solar flare that was shot toward the earth. It was like looking at the  flashlight on my phone. So cool. There was a horn when it was safe to look at the time of totality.

This day was for me. The only picture that I took was afterwards at a bus stop as a field of bluebonnets were in bloom. On the way home, I stopped to pick up some extra milk and a few quick things for dinner because of the severe weather alert for the next two days that we are already under until Thursday. 

Louisiana One
Tom Braniff would be so proud of SWA for painting their planes. Tom and his brother had one of the most colorful airlines in aviation history. Ironically, he died in a plane crash in Louisiana.
A DJ spins records in a pre-eclipse party at Dallas' Main Street Park 

Since it's reopening, activity is non-stop. Back in the day, Frank Sinatra played at the Statler and stayed there several times.

The park was full with vendor tents, music, food trucks, surrounded by historic architecture and high rises, and the UNT System. While Klyde Warren Park may be more A-list, my preference runs with Main Street Park. It just seems more homey than the other that just got  another grant from the Department of Transportation to add another stretch over the Woodall Rodgers Epressway to it's current 5-acre deck park. 


No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...