Sunday, December 3, 2023

10,154 Steps on the University Crossing Trail ```~~


that is 4.32 miles with a calorie burn of 376.3 calories. It was a delightful walk with temps in the mid to upper 50s with little or no wind. Today, it's 70 as I recoup. Sunshine is in the forecast thru this coming Friday. 

It continue to amaze me at the colors in the leaves after such a drought year until the fall rains came. With no freeze yet, plants are still blooming and producing new shoots of green. Now that I have had the new camera a bit and adjusted to the changes from the old one, the experimenting stage has begun with light, angles, and shutter speeds. All-in-all, I am very satisfied with the results. 

The new cart for camera case, water bottles and folding stool is also working out very well in traveling on the buses and trains. It reminds me of an old credit card commercial: "--never leave home without it".

An added benefit is also that I can stop along the way at my favorite market and pick up a few things in between grocery deliveries (i.e Sprout's pistachio cupcakes. They sell them as singles and 4-packs. I buy the 4-packs). After checking out, I can roll it to where the shopping carts are returned, put my bags in with the camera equipment and on to the bus stop or train platforms, then home. 

The Dallas Christmas Parade was yesterday and I had no interest in going. The city Christmas Tree is now a regular at Klyde Warren Park. I had no interest in that, either. In fact, with everything going on in this world today, avoiding crowds has become more normal than ever. Yesterday while on the train. I was sitting behind a guy on the train who appeared to be texting or reading something and the train made a stop before I was ready to get off, I cleared my throat with my arm covering my mouth. He  jumped up with words of profanity as he was getting off the train and his rage was explosive. That type of thing I try to avoid at all cost. Being aware of your surroundings is one thing, but you just never know what is going to set someone off like this guys rage.(Dart made a big point that they had officers on the trains and they have. I just didn't see one on my car when it would have been more comforting for everyone. He startled a lot of riders in his outburst.

Respect the ride is my motto and Darts as well. No loud talk, no eating, no drinking onboard, no putting your feet on the seats and I abide by Dart's rules. On the bus, after getting off the train, one guy, who had carried on several grocery bags (I have no problem with that as long as it does not delay the trip or blocks an isle) sat down in his seat and proceeded to eat a bag of potato chips, drink a large bottle drink of something and then, hit the bell for his stop and took forever and a day to get his bags together, then rearranging them, before finally getting off the bus. I  guess it was just one of those kinds of days.Planning my trips are done with avoiding rush hours and things like that in general. I have a generous about of patience with people and the circumstances in which they may be in at the moment, but even there, sometimes, I have gotten off at a stop earlier than needed and wait for the next train or bus just to get away for a problematic situation. So, when I am on a hike and bike trail the theme besides photography is to enjoy the moment  and enjoy the beauty of that moment.

Sometimes I have to chuckle when a longtime friend, who is a psychologist, a member of my former church and just a good guy overall once told me in his office about all the things that I had been through and endured and experienced to "get the hell out of my office----for heaven's sake, you are more sane than I am. Go do something YOU enjoy." I took his advise then, and still do today when stressful situations develop. It is the one thing that has gotten me through  ruff stretch of the road, the ruts that you find yourself in looking for solutions and above all, knowing that my spiritual side is well developed. I am a lucky man, indeed I am.



The pumpkin had such a sad face, I could not resist. 









No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...