Monday, October 9, 2023

Our Precurser to the Blog Return next week.


It's been a long hot summer from  several angles. When things get quiet, look out. and that was an understatement.  Never-the-less, we got a lot of house cleaning done (even saved a little money, too). The legal beagle's sniffing has turned up some interesting things about hackers and those that scam. I am not unsatisfied with their results, either. Now, we can set the rat trap under their directions and catch a few rats.

On the horizon coming for the re-start, we've actually been hard at work, too. A lots of changes to help us make some better presentations of images, but that part (sorry to say) is still lurking in the shadows of being ready for hopefully by Christmas, but you should notice some changes for those that follow us regularly.

I was searching one evening for things that could make my travel better. The shoulder straps on the back pack and the 45-pound weigh was causing a bit of a problem with my pace make. After checking things out from all corners, I made the purchase. Yesterday was the Maiden Trip and today was the confirmation that I should have been using this things a long time ago. It can fit my folding stool, camera bag, insulated bag for my water bottles. It fits perfect and out of the way on the buses and  the trains. Ironically, yesterday, trying to get home earlier, I  hopped a sister route bus that left the transit center sooner. We were about a mile and half from the train station when this loud pop and bag brought the bus to a stop. As it turned out, I was the only passenger at that point and the driver I had ridden  with before, said he was hit. I got off the bus, because I didn't want to be on the bus after an  accident not knowing if the fuel, or gas could explode. As it turned out, I had to walk about three quarters of a mile up hill to catch  a bus to the station. With a supervisor on scene, she could have notified the follow up  bus to make a  stop to pick up any passengers. She didn't. While waiting to hear what the cops might need, I started out walking up the hill. Three stops on the opposite direction...none til the top of the hill on my side. Either way, I still got over 8k worth of step in for the day. 

Having said that: here are  some images from yesterday and today. Enjoy. On a sidebar, I have long known the name of a muralist but had never met him as I have several  others.  Today, by timing coming together, I got to meet and chat with the artist (JR). Thank you buddy. It was my pleasure to finally meet you. Thanks for the great work, too. 

Yesterday I noticed a high number of Monarch butterflies while I was at Addison. The count per 5-10 minutes grids  was enough to take note that most likely, they rode the cold front in over the passage of the front. Today, I was still seeing a nigh number and while looking at some of JR's work along a trail, a fence was draped with morning glories. The  big Monarchs were having a super boost of energy replacement with the nector being so abundant.            




Monarch's are here!!

                        The strike line at Stellantis uaw facility in Carrollton's Chrysler Parts facility.
 


No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...