Monday, October 30, 2023

90 last week.50 with freeze tonight. It's a weather e-ride ticket.

 Well, enough on the weather. It is what it is.. But, it has cut into my shoot time. I was so pressed for shots that I changed the lens on the camera, made sure I had house keys in my pocket and stepped out on the porch for one of the most  amazing  moons that I have seen. 

Yesterday, I was watching a HD camera from Lake Tahoe as the moon came up over the Carson Range of the Sierra Nevada on the east side of the lake. I was stunned at the size.It was like the sun had come up again out there. So, I checked out the cycle of the moon rise for here and then for Lake Tahoe. While waiting for my coffee to finish brewing, I braved the cold and stepped out on the porch with camera in hand.   It was cold.I have not  acclimated from the summer morning heat of 80 that meet me all summer long. But, the view was  so spectacular that I  actually took more shots that I had planned. 

Tonight, when I had a  chance to download the images, it was well worth the chill, the effort and the time.That's what I like about photography.When it thumbs you up along side of the head and you realize that the image could have been better, you just keep trying and trying until you get that shot where the  camera shocks you with something extra that made the shot even more spectacular than you had hoped form. That pat on the head this time was worth all those thumps in the past.






No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...