Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tornado's Were Spinning This Morning throughout the Metroplex.

 The National Weather Service is still working in the field to confirm the number of tornadoes today. At the end of the day, so far, 5 are confirmed with that many, or more, to climb higher. The Sam's Club in Grapevine lost part of its roof and a couple of tire stores lost their bays, two car washes,  a high school lost its light poles and scoreboards, a restaurant named Waffle Way, a beautiful new style country farm home got hit pretty hard as well with its metal roof peeled off and hanging in power lines.  From West to East across the Metroplex, the total of spin ups could reach as many as 12. Several people were injured but no lives were lost. One pickup truck had a 2x4 stuck into the passenger door. The Wise County tornado that was inspected today was rated an EF-2 (125MPH winds). Wise County, Tarrant , Collin, and Denton are under survey by the National Weather Service.

The squall line was massive with tropical amounts of rain, hail, winds, lightening generating power flashes as it moved across the area. Oncor reported as many as 8K without power. Some of the tornadoes were rain wrapped and were upon people during rush hour before people realized that they were in a tornado. That's the worse kind---the ones you can't see.  

Lake Tahoe got the first fury of this deep low with several feet of snow.  As it moved down the coast and back up the front range of the Rockies where it meet a cold front moving down through Oklahoma into Texas. As the low pulled deep moisture from the Gulf it was right in the mixing bowl of North Texas with Gulf moisture, Cold air and a deep low turning like beaters in the bowl. By that time, the brew was ready to unleash more of its fury. And it did. Right in the lane of Tornado Alley. Now, it's moving toward the Great Lakes tonight. 

We haven't seen the sun in several day. The temps have hung in the 60-63°F range Now were are going to be near normal for this time of year in the mid 50s. Not any of the lows are below freezing, though a couple of days are close at 34°F.

I'm staying in with the current weather conditions. My worse energy health wise is a cold North wind. I've had all my shots and boosters with my flue shot so I'm not worried about an infection but I'm not taking any chances, either. I was out for Doctor's appointments on the 7th and two Doctors on the 8th so it's been 5 days of dreary icky weather. 

So, I always have the camera with me, so if I'm out any, I'll get some shots. Remembering, I use my images myself for creating items on my Zazzle stores.Today were two special sales for me. One was a Southwest Abstract Design created for a shower curtain and the other one was my 100 years old oak from a golf course. So, I made a golf head cover using the image of that beautiful old oak that had been cut and scored. I like finding things as textures that can be used for things like those. Right now, pickle ball paddles are the thing and over the calf socks. So, I like doing those. Sometimes, they work and sometimes they don't. I learned a long time ago to never fall in love with one of your creations. If they don't work I have no problem deleting them. This winter when its really cold for Texas, I can create more abstracts and for the ones that didn't make the cut in the shopping cart. 



Don't forget to donate to your local food bank this holiday season.


No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...