Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Thanksgiving Is Very Near And The Bird Airdrops from the Freezer To The Refrige Tomorrow

 It sure does not seen like it's Thanksgiving time again.  Where the time goes is a thing that even a Physicist doesn't really know. I've seen my watch one minute seem not to move and at other times, I look at my watch and it has moved more than even I can explain of my time. 

Another example is I know that Thanksgiving for a very long time has been fixed as the fourth Thursday of November.While I know this, the dates change and I always have to look to see what date is Thanksgiving  at any given time during the year. When I was a kid, summers were endless before the Tuesday after Labor Day week. Now, even that seems to be skimming days, even weeks off summers. 

Yet, another example that still baffles me:  when I go back into the archives and look at pictures, without fail I can recall the moment that I shot that image in accurate detail. Then, when I look at the data of when and time, this is where my mind just evaporates into ' I can't believe that it has been 10 years already' kind of thought, or in some cases, even longer. It just blows my mind that I can recall the moment in detail that the picture was taken, impervious to time and yet, the time between when it was actually shot and the date that I reviewed it in the archives is like a time warp that seems almost to unreal to be true except for the camera's data as the shutter closed on that image. 

 

 

Some times, the  original message needs to be more demanding.

Not just another day. It was a typical fall day at White Rock Lake.

Thanksgiving is a time to remember the past and  also a time to give thanks for our many blessings. It is to be hoped that Thanksgiving and Christmas, the weather will be nice enough to get out and find something unusually unique for the 2022 Holiday Season. 


No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...