Sunday, November 6, 2022

More Architecture, Chimney and A Surprise

 It was a perfect day in the weather department and with rain moving in  before the next cold front that will put us in a chill for a longer period of time than our one day of 48° and then not warming up any warmer than 53°today had to be the day to venture out if I was going to get out with impending weather. 

As it turned out, it was a lucky day for some interesting images. And, sometimes---not always--- I kind of let the Lord be guide were I go. When I was driving, I did that from time to time and it turned out quiet well better than I would have done picking places. So, just because the mode of transportation changed, does not mean that I cannot do that in this situation. As it turned out, it turned out better than I would have done. Didn't I just say that? Well, that is okay too. 

The FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour plane was parked at Addison airport and refueling. Earlier, as I learned later, it had been a red carpet hanger presentation, which I missed somehow. But, I did get the shot of the plane doing the things all planes must do if that stay in the air. They drink fuel JET A class . That was the shot. Being refueled. That is the kind of shot I like more than the one with all the pomp and circumstance. When I shot the Christmas Parades before they ended that tradition in Dallas, I walked the work areas where the floats were being made ready prior to step-off time. The better shots were there most of the time. 

So, I got a lot of walking in at Addison and even more checking out the status of the old Valley View Mall. That project seems to be on hold a bit. Thinking that the Feds triple rise of interest rates might have halted some of the original timetable. It's sad to see the old mall gone. I liked that mall more than the Galleria Mall, which to me is more on the line of North Park Mall Farther North than anything else. Anyway, I grabbed a sandwich at BK and would walk around the mile up, mile across and half a mile down to the bus stop for the same bus that I had gotten off  at Montfort and Alpha picking it back up on Preston just beyond the old Jared Jewelry Store. From there, the connections were like clockwork and I was home about a half hour earlier than planned. Officially at DFW, it hit 81° at two one-hour reporting times and when I got home, I had shed my jacket earlier and packed it in my backpack. My shirt was wet at the collar. So, with rain tomorrow, laundry day will be at hand as I have sorted out my summer shirts to be cleaned before I put them away. 





Click on one image and the enlarger is enabled for all as you click them on the thumnails.


No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...