Saturday, April 23, 2022

Six Months Ago if You Told Me That...

 I'm now dangerously close to being a Vegan. A year ago I would have declared---No Way. It's all because of Karma. And---if I can hate brussel sprouts all my life and now can't get enough of them, I'm at the point of no return. What a surprise! Karma has struck home!

Karma is a strange animal. Be careful. The rules are simple. Never say Never. Always be true to your self. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Don't say, I won't do that. (street sign: Betty Wood.) Life isn't simple. It's very complex. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure that out. You don't have to be a scientist at all.  All the signs are all around us. All we need to do is to Listen and be aware. 

Now, I've noticed since I cut the cable that over-the-air television isn't that bad. Having the television on while I edit pictures or write e-mails when I hear something interesting, I look up from the my computer to the television, then return back to the what ever I was doing. 

Keeping better detailed records has now over run from the filing the paperwork from my IRS taxes in my big plastic bin to the long-standing recording of my picture sales. I have been watching my energy dashboard to such a degree that this month, the old Edison Company stopped giving me daily reports. It could be because I was so dedicated to lower my highest light bill in 55 years. I am using 5 Kilo Watts per day and they don't record that low amount because empty houses and apartments and condos use 5 or less per month if they don't run the heat or the AC or all the energy saving tricks. It's rather amazing, This month, and the months billing cycle ends on the 25th, I have shaved off a c-note ($100.00). I've been comfortable, still run the dishwasher daily or every other day, draw the shades to block the afternoon sun that beats down on my porch,and run the ceiling fan on the reverse to draw the heat down to mix with the 18-inch floor fan near my desk. Some days when I come in from being out all afternoon, it's rather chilly in the house and I do not  turn the floor fan on.  Imagine that!

Now the streaming services are loosing customers and things associated to cable-like money grabs and I have noted how the over-the-air programing has begun to change already. I have also noted that there will be those that will sing to the stars that they are glad that they cut the cable. The problem is, they have three or more streaming services and won't out of that too, but don't know how the save face! 

The answer is already here in this post. Always be true to yourself. 

Now--the secret is out of the bag as to how we have ended up with another Gate. This one is called Bunny Gate at the White House.  It's like a black cat in a coal mine.  You just have to admit that Hope---is not a strategic defense.




In the meanwhile, somehow, despite the fact that the  process had been started, but got interrupted because of Covid, as of tonight, the old gas station where Clyde Burrow and Bonnie Parker planned their robberies etc.,etc. got demolished by a developer's bulldozer. It's a part of history, just as much a Al Capone and others. A city councilman will try to find out how this could happened. As he should. Let's hope he is better than the last tear down waiting for the same status that happened. The area is under development for multi-family apartments along the same area where a few years ago was cleared and three story apartments now stand there.  Letting developers wipe out a part of history should be a crime. No excuse. Lawmakers need to stop this. This is not the first time it has happened. The history of a city is important to its grown--good or bad--regardless if the historic place was a hide out for a couple of gangsters or not.It's history. It's who we are. Stop trying to rewrite history as the Egyptians did to one of their Pharaohs.

 

This is the general area where the old gas station was to obtain  National Historic Landmark status. Take the developer who is developing the old Valley View Mall in North Dallas. That project has incorporated many items of the old mall into the development and even more for the city as well as the residences and businesses that will become home---a part of history.

I've seen this same situation in Detroit, years ago and the loss hurt the city as will something like historic bank robbers from Dallas will hurt Dallas in the long run. My dad had a saying about such things. " when something happens that can't be reversed, you might as well eat the meat from the lamb, because that dead lamb isn't going to be any good, other than lamb  for dinner, any more."

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...