Saturday, March 5, 2022

A Texas Patch Seen On A Ukrainian Soldier's Uniform and other little tidbits.

 I have known where Ukraine is located since I was in 5th grade. Having taken piano since then up through college, I've noticed a lot of reporters that are pronouncing the capital city's name much different than when I was in 5th grade. One of my recital pieces was titled.'The Great Gate of Kiev, Even the spelling is different today. Never-the-less- times change and it makes no difference to me as long as the Ukranine people are given the same respect that I learned about their country early on. 

One of my editors that has now ended her business, here in the states, is from Ukranine. Since the war began, I have wondered about her. I know she went back and forth over the hand full of years that she represented my pictures. When I got the notice that she was ending her business, I sent her an email and told her, "don't forget to take the cat!". So, it is only natural that I do wonder if she is here or there. 

There is a Texas connection that isn't just about our agent/client relationship. There was a news story about a Ukranine  soldier who got a patch after completing a training with the Houston Police. The patch is very much common to Texans. The patch on his uniform was the rectangle with the embroidery "Don't Mess With Texas".

The political atmosphere is not even the same following the pandemic. In fact, I have noticed a new breed of politicians. One that came to mind was a fellow being ask in an interview about his campaign. He replied, " I have no words. In fact, I have no comments."

Another interesting observation observed via a live camera feed was of a truck that was branded AEROSPEED. It was sitting at a crossing gate as a 1 and three-quarter double stacked containers train passed through the crossing. Then on the second track right behind the first train was a second train of a half mile or so in length. There  is a case to be made that the AEROSPEED at this point was just a big zero of no speed at that crossing. 

If you like watching the night sky, March is your lucky month. The full moon in March is called a worm moon. On March 31, Venus, Saturn and Mars align together.

One final little point is that Facebook's Parent, Meta, own Facebook, Instagram, What's App, Oculus and Messenger. It is one reason why I don't do Facebook at all. Long ago after checking out which one to use, I picked Twitter and have been very much satisfied for a decade. Facebook has pictures that I never authorized and the picture grab by social media is big money assets for them. They are just waiting for copyrights to expire. Be aware when your pictures turn up in places you never put them.

 I have over 10,000 images (assets) and use  an agent that does nothing but search for people using images that didn't get a liscense.


Not the end of the line, but the start of the Silver line that will tie into it.
Addison Park's Landmark
                                   I love to watch these birds. They can be  acrobats

                                            Addison Airport Holding For Clearance
                                            Fond  Memories of a plane like this.

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...