Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Saw the first Red Bud bloom this year right on time.


 As seen in our featured home page image, this image was made on March 8,2020. It was the last time that my annual sighting report was made in early March. My first recording was in 1983 while visiting my mom and I noted that the trees were already leafed out here. In the Great Lakes, I always spotted the first green by April 15th (tax day). Green--tax-- you get it.

This past week, on March 5th,2022 the red bud tree, very near my house was seen from the bus. Weather has prevented me from getting out again to go back and photograph the tree that I have used in my annual sighting reports. It looks like I will be able to do that this coming week when a window will open up in the weather for one or two days.

Out last freeze typically occurs on March 12th. Surprisingly, this Thursday night into early Saturday the 12th, the temps are forecast to hit 29°F. The following days are well back to normal and seasonal temps for this time of year as the sun has now traveled farther Nor th since the low point of December 21st. That means that not only is the sun higher in the sky now, but it is also stronger and warms the earth more as we move to the traditional March equinox of Spring. Although, I use the Meteorological date of March 1 since it is much easier than always having to check if spring begins on the 20th, or 21st or sometimes on the 22nd. 

Having said that, the daffodils are already out. Now, the red buds are out. Next comes the Bradley Pears with their fantastic pristine while and pink. But somewhere in between comes the leafing of the green on the trees. I have to get to the Dallas Arboretum to see the half million tulips in what is know as Dallas Blooms! Maybe, now with it being easier to get to Ft. Worth via DFW Terminal A to B connection, I might even make it to the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens for their fantastic Japanese Gardens. They have some beautiful rose gardens in addition to the Japanese garden. 

We set our clocks ahead this Saturday, March 12th. So being in the Central Time Zone, Pretty much every thing East of the Mississippi is Eastern Time Zone +1 hour. Going west from us there is both Mountain Time Zone +1 hour and the Pacific Time Zone +2 hour

 

 For Alaska and Hawaii-- check your Almanac or search engine. Please (:>))

    

                                                                                                  April 8, 2021


                         March 18,2020


                                                                        April 08 2021

 



No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...