Wednesday, October 31, 2018

What Do Birds Do When It Rains?

Get wet! And get wet they do. It was interesting to watch them since their feathers are the key to their flight, they must be maintained at all cost. It was that thought that caused me to just shoot birds in the rain today. I also found some monk parrots on a high wire doing the love bird side-by-side. With the visibility very low and gray, the monks could also be in silhouette.

I also had an amazing encounter with a female coyote. She actually came ,toward me, wanted to play, picking up a drink lid like a Frisbee. She would get down on her front paws then take off running. As I went on down the hill to turn around, she had moved onto the road and was looking at me. I turned around and came back up the hill. As I did, she went back into the short grassy area and started to play again.

The North American Mockingbird Songbird.



The rain had let up but was still a heavy mist. The cold front was just miles away. Also, a clap of thunder hit just about the time I shot this. That was al the warm humid air being mixed up in the atmosphere. Even the birds were in anticipation of cooler weather and sunshine tomorrow, I think.

The Monk Parrots

Monk Parrot on a High Wire Paired with a Single
I have seen other coyotes from the car and they would stand and watch then go off into the tall grass. Not this one. She actually did kind of scare me at one point and I put up the window as she got closer. She was beautiful but out of 24 shots, not one came out because I did a silly thing. I could not wait to see the images and run them back through the view screen. I forgot to change my settings from the excitement and they were all distorted either by poor lighting, rain, settings or settings. No excuse. I messed up. But I do have the proof even distorted as they are. I will run them as a separate post following this one. But first, THE BIRDS!!

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...