Sunday, October 21, 2018

Simply Put: Delightful!!!

Pelicans out for their afternoon thermal riding.
After the first cup of coffee this morning, I looked out onto the porch thermometer and saw that blue sky and sunshine and it was in short order that I had put myself together, grabbed my auto coffee cup, filled it with fresh brewed and out the door I went. It  was just past 9 o'clock. It was perfect! The air was a bit chilly until the car warmed up. Unlike yesterday when I dressed with the wrong layers and got to hot as the outside air warmed I made sure that didn't happen today by changing the layering of cloths so that I could eliminate layers as it warmed. By 1 p.m. I was down to just a T-shirt and jeans. It was a total delight as I shot butterflies and pelicans fishing, riding the thermals and those graceful landings. I even got a Great Blue Heron and an Egret. But, most of all, I was able to walk some distance and not have any problems.

It was 3 o'clock before I headed in and wasn't so sure that I was even ready then to be inside for the rest of the day, but I did manage better than I thought.

Yesterday, there was the third wave of migrating Turkey Vultures--Buzzards-- migrating overhead in large numbers. The Buzzards of Hinckley Township, Ohio was among some of those most likely. Hinckley, North Texas might has sighted your migrating Buzzards. It's rather interesting watching waves of 70-80 buzzards riding the thermals overhead. My question is how do 70-80 buzzards find enough road kill to feed them during their migration? Maybe that is why they ride the thermals during migration. They might be looking for something to eat.

Tomorrow is the opening of early voting and I'll be glad to go vote and put that to rest.
Fishing at the Spillway


A migrating Monarch is on a very high nectar bloom. 


No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...