Monday, October 8, 2018

Serendipitous Finds And I Don't Go To The Doctor Until Wednesday.

The beauty of a variegated gladiola blooms

Well, the act of finding things without looking for them seems to be a gift from above. Today when I left  el Casa, the humidity was already thick, but there was a nice breeze that had carried rain-cooled air in with it so I had a chance to put the windows down in the car and actually be comfortable. The second weather factor of note is the fact that only one more day of looking out at the thermometer on the porch and seeing it stuck on 80-degrees. Psychologically, seeing it from the start at 80 for six months is a relentless feat that does have an overall negative pull on ones emotions and views and overall temperament.

Wednesday, I see the electrician cardiologist. My plumber cardiologist was in procedure when I went for my appointment. We rescheduled and on the morning of the reschedule, he was in procedures again. And, in the Rule of Murphy, you got it, he is on vacation this week and I don't see him until the following week after I see the electrician. So, it goes without saying that I hope to do some exploring after the appointment this week and enjoy that 'feel of fall'. It's been long in arriving and I will welcome it with open arms. Actually, I think my battery is already dead and seeing the electictian on Wednesday is a pretty good thing. I've had a few events to lead me to believe that I might be the next procedure.

I started out looking for a do-it-yourself- car wash with a good vac.My car had a summer of stone and sand and other unknown items. The first one took my 50-cents and did nothing. Down the street was a second car wash and it had a "super vac" for $1.00. The change machine worked and with the dropping of the last quarter, the hum, then, the roar of a vac broke the silence around me. It looked so much nicer after words when I got back into the car. WOW, I should do this more often!

The short story behind the first pictures was the sign that caught my eye and cause me to look beyond the sign where I say the most beautiful glads that I have seen in decades. Solids. Variegated. Actually, Stunning.

The third image (actually, the second) was like a beacon in a lighthouse as I came up under the trail bridge to the stop sign from the Water Filtration Building.
The Red Tail Hawk is in 'his' territory. This is a new place for him but the workmen are still working on the trail bridges above the one where he is sitting. Once they clear out, he'll go back to his favorite perch for watching over his territory.
I love church signs. They are creative, and humorous and most likely, divine.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...