Thursday, March 8, 2018

Things I See On The Way To The Doctors

Just the other day, I was wondering why I travel the particular streets that I travel. I know why I go left after backing out of the driveway some times and at other times, I go right.  There was an article on the AAA or some such that said you should do that because wear on your tires is caused by mechanics of driving some of the time, but our driving habits play an even more role in keeping tires in shape longer. Yes, I know, "why don't you just rotate them more," you say? Well, one, it cost money generally unless your tire store offers free rotations. That's not the point. The point is....our habits control how we shorten the life of things like tire wear etc.,etc.

So, I have been doing that for some time now and it does cut down on wear. But the point here is the original wondering question that popped up in the ole brain last week...why do I go down the same streets that I do all the time? Habit. Pure and simple. There again, some time back, I started going to the doctors a different way there and a different way back. The things that I saw!!

Seldom, do I go down Greenville of up Greenville in this case. Downtown Plano is the old section of Plano where the beautiful Victorian homes are located with  three floor turrets and wrap around veranda-type front porches. Greenville becomes Avenue K in that part of Plano and becomes SR 5 again north of Allen and McKinney east of Central Expressway (that is also known as US75.) Plano Road merges with Greenville just north of Campbell Road on this side of President George Bush Turnpike before the wicked one-way streets begin.

The construction going on has added a few thousand more apartments in a hot spot to live. It's hot because the rent is so high it burns just thinking that people make house payments and car payments for that same amount of money. New stage is going up along the DART rail at 15th Street. And, going west from there, new art work is up and an awkward to read sign that simply spells out the word PLANO stacked on top of each letter with abstract art at the top. To get the full effect where it sits, one needs to photograph it backwards and then short the actual display closer up..  If you haven't been in the traffic lanes at 75 and 15th for a while....it's suicidal to even try to cross the street there. But, hey, you work with what you got and try your best to make it as positive for the effort and money put up to get it done. I understand that concept. I have no problem with it either.

But, back on point, that's why I travel the streets that I travel. Traffic. And more Traffic. My doctor's office is on 15th and I usually go up Coit to 15th. Today, I went Greenville to 15th .If we pay attention to what we do sometimes, we answer our own questions. Mom was great at pounding that point home early on. Thank goodness that she did.
New Sign for Old Plano Downtown

One of several new art pieces along 15th

I am amazed at the number of pairs of  shoes that I see along the roads like this. 


I guess that they have not heard of DMG--drop off stations for clothing where it DOES  MOST GOOD.

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...