Saturday, March 4, 2017

An Upside Down Day

Today was both a forward day and a backwards day. It was a top up day; a top down day. It was sad. It was happy. It was an downside up and an upside down. It was still above average and I am alright with that. It just felt odd and got worse throwing off my entire day. The low gray clouds and misty rain played a part in causing the top to wobble its spin.

First, I set out to find a garage sale that I wanted to check out. After doing my research, finding it was easier than I thought that it would be. In the process, it turned out that I had used logic to a good way and saved a bunch of miles. Then, the top started to spin. I saw the sign that the next light was the street that I wanted. The catch: a neighboring suburban street department had cut a lane north bound a half a block before the intersection which I missed. That's right. When I got to the advertised intersection no right turns were permitted as it had been made two lanes to turn left at a very weird intersection as it  is aligned currently. As a result, I had to go around the block which was a whole mile farther down the road. Then, I had to  go up a mile, come back a mile and get back on track which turned out to be my street that I was looking for after I got back on the street that I could not turn on. So, I lost all the miles that I had saved!

Again, the same thing happened on down the road sending me onto I-35E going to Lewisville. No! No! but it was to late. The traffic jam from the construction had me sitting in locked in traffic for nearly a half hour. As I sat in the only lane that carried traffic I'm looking up through the sunroof at the open sky between beams overhead. The longer I sat there, the more I'm thinking, it's time to make lemonade out of lemons and I got my camera out. When I got to where I could take the only exit working I sat in traffic another half hour. The big difference was that I could eventually  turn into a shopping center just past the Vista Ridge Mall and grab a quick burger at Steak and Shake. That was a mistake also as every one else had the same ideal. Plus, an entire soccer team was taking up the tables that were available. I was stuck at the counter on a stool next to the cash register. It took --hold on--another half hour to order.

By the time I got back downtown to the event going on at the Ron Kirk Bridge Park, all the vendors were packing up! Total miles wracked up: 79.6. Total elapsed time: 6 hours. Then, if all that wasn't enough, somewhere down the line---and I think it was when I put the camera in the bag last night after charging the battery---I must have hit the dial that moves my auto focus to programed function and there was some noise in the images when I started to edit images tonight. It was a long day and I need to get back on the old regular routine.


The I-35E upgrade at the Sam Rayburn Toll Road in North Dallas at the Denton County Line.

Burger and a Chocolate Shake.

When the sun comes out, I'll come back and get some redos. It will be worth the effort. Also, there will be an additional post of must pictures both  following this post  and one tomorrow.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...